TES Exceptional Children’s Program
TES Exceptional Children’s program provides services to ensure that all students acquire the knowledge, skills, behaviors, and attitudes to achieve their learning potential. Our program:
- Provides a continuum of services based on individual needs.
- Demonstrates commitment and dedication to ensure access to the general curriculum.
- Develops individualized student plans as determined by data collection.
- Applies research based interventions and methodology.
- Encourages parent participation in the team process of individual program development as well as involvement in school-related activities.
- Provides support to students and families throughout their time at TES
- Ensures an inclusive and positive environment for all students at TES, both academically and socially.
A student suspected of having an educational disability is referred to the MTSS at his/her school. Interventions are identified and implemented to assist the student’s academic, behavioral, and social/emotional needs.. Parents are notified when students are referred to the team. Parents are involved in the Tier 3 process. Please consult the school for more details about this process.
NC Parent Handbook link: ecparenthandbook.pdf
People First Language Chart link: people first language chart.pdf
ECAC link:( resource center for parents with students with disabilities) http://www.ecac-parentcenter.org/
TES EC Website: CLICK HERE
EC Director Contact