If you are seeking to join a supportive community of innovative teaching and learning, we welcome your application to join us in our Expedition to Excellence!
Current Openings for 2020-2021 School Year:
Openings for 2021-2022 School Year:
Why work at TES?
- Teachers receive a supplement competitive with other schools in the area (15% as of 2020)
- Benefits and retirement- TES offers the NC State Health Plan and a 457(b) retirement plan, matching up to 6%
- TES provides pay increases to educators with a Masters degree and National Board Certification
- TES allows for creative, innovative teaching and learning through our implementation of Project Based Learning and STEM
- The Responsive Classroom approach is implemented schoolwide, so faculty and staff spend less time managing behavior problems and more time building positive relationships with children.
- Class sizes at TES are purposely kept small so that our faculty and staff can authentically engage with their students, differentiate learning, build relationships, and not feel overwhelmed by over-crowded classrooms. As a smaller K-8 school (with an average student body of 360) and a faculty/staff of around 50, it is easy to feel like part of a mission-driven community here.
- Each teacher receives a classroom supply budget for classroom supplies and projects. (Many teachers don’t spend the entire allocation, since most TES classrooms create an Amazon wish list that is bought out entirely by the supportive parent body.) Additionally, TES teachers have access to school grant funds provided by TES Parent Association.
- Professional development and lifelong learning are not only encouraged, but built into the TES schedule. Each Wednesday, students dismiss at 1:15 PM, allowing time for faculty and staff to engage in collaborative learning and reflection.
At TES, our faculty and staff are valued professionals who make our school the special and successful community it is. Are you ready to join the Explorer family? Check out our vacancies below!Diversity in Hiring Effort
From its founding, The Expedition School has sought to be a vibrant, dynamic and diverse community. We believe that an inspiring and inclusive education can only be fully realized through a learning community that includes diversity in many forms. Motivated by this belief, we consistently strive to grow in this area. This work is central, particularly in our human resources. Read our Diversity in Hiring Effort hereWe welcome applications year-round.
Please CLICK HERE to submit an application.
The Expedition School is an equal opportunity employer and we are actively seeking qualified diverse candidates. We invite you to explore our website before applying.Click HERE to see The Expedition School’s Hiring Procedures.