Safety Patrol at TES is a peer to peer leadership development program available to students in grades 4-8. This celebrated group of young people honorably serve their classmates during school arrival and dismissal each day, offering welcoming smiles and greetings, and helping build community among students, staff and families. As school-age leaders in traffic safety, patrol members teach other students about traffic safety on a peer-to-peer basis. They also serve as models for our younger TES “Explorers,” who look up to them and enjoy their kindness.
TES Safety Patrol Members direct students, not traffic. These responsible leaders:
- Open car doors and help students safely get in and out of their cars.
- Open the school door for students and help students walk safely indoors.
- Help Kindergarten students find their classrooms in the morning.
- Morning Safety Patrol Students must arrive by 7:30 AM.
- Afternoon Safety Patrol Students must stay at school until 3:40 PM.
If your 4th -8th grade student would like to join TES Safety Patrol, contact [email protected]