Parent Handbook (PDF)
Policy Quick Links
- Title IX FACT SHEET- The Expedition School Title IX requires that “no person in the United States shall, on the basis of sex, be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination under any education program or activity receiving federal financial assistance...” As such, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972 prohibits discrimination based on sex of students and employees of educational institutions that receive federal financial assistance. The Expedition School, Ltd (“THE SCHOOL”) is governed by Title IX.
- SB 49, Parent rights:
- Make decisions for participation in reproductive health and safety education programs.
- Seek exemptions from immunization requirements.
- Review statewide standardized assessment results.
- Request an evaluation of their child for identification as a child with a disability.
- Inspect and purchase textbooks and other supplementary instructional materials.
- Access information on promotion and retention, including high school graduation requirements.
- Receive regular report cards that show academic performance, conduct, and attendance.
- Access information on the State public education system.
- Participate in parent-teacher organizations.
- Opt-in to participation in protected student information surveys in accordance with State law and opt-out of data collection in other surveys in accordance with federal law.
- Review available records of materials their child borrowed from a school library.
- Review all education records, as authorised by the federal Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act, 20 U.S.C. § 1232g, relating to their child.
- TES Compliance Policy SB49 CLICK HERE
Return to School