Ways to Give
"We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give." ~Winston Churchill
It’s no surprise that public schools throughout our state and nation are underfunded, and despite the exemplary financial management of The Expedition School, we still have many needs, hopes and dreams for our students and school. From contributing to our Capital Campaign as we work to find and fund a permanent space, to helping us provide special treats to our dedicated staff and students,cContributing financially to The Expedition School is an investment in the education of our K-8 students, in an innovative approach to education, in the community at large, and in the future of our state. Remember that all donations to The Expedition School are tax deductible!
WAYS TO GIVE:
General or Designated Donation
Specific Fundraiser (Notate which fundraiser you are contributing to when making payment - click button below)
Checks can be made out to The Expedition School and mailed to The Expedition School, ℅ Patricia Brummitt, 437 Dimmocks Mill Rd., Ste. 33, Hillsborough, NC 27278. You can either donate to the general school fund, or specify which area of need you would like your funds to be allocated to. If you would like to make a donation in honor of someone, contact Patricia Brummitt at [email protected]
Donations can also be made online by clicking the "DONATE" link below. (Please note that PayPal will take 2.90% of your donation in fees.)
Many employers sponsor matching gift programs and will match charitable contributions made by their employees to the school. Please check with your Human Resources department to find out if your company has a matching gift policy. (Many companies also match gifts made by retirees.) Please initiative a matching gift claim following your company’s procedures to maximize your generous donation and impact on The Expedition School!
Here is a sample of some of the companies that offer matching gifts. If your employer isn’t listed, that doesn’t mean they don’t have a matching policy – please contact your HR department to inquire!
Stocks, bonds or any other securities can be transferred as gifts to The Expedition School. Giving the gift of stock not only has obvious benefits for our school and students, but it also has benefits for the giver. If the stock has appreciated in value, the holder can avoid paying capital gains tax. Additionally, if you donate appreciated stocks that you’ve held for more than a year you can usually take a tax deduction for the full fair market value of the stocks, up to 50% of your adjusted gross income for that year. Contact Patricia Brummitt at [email protected] for more information.
From Your Cart to Our Classrooms
There are numerous programs that will allow you to earn money for The Expedition School every time you shop! Even if the amount or percentage seems small to you, the final amount adds up to thousands of dollars when everyone participates! Many of these programs start over each year, so make sure you not only designate The Expedition School as your “school of choice,” but make sure you do so at the start of each school year. Ask relatives and friends to link up, too!
- Amazon Smile: Make sure to order all of your Amazon purchases via Amazon Smile so that .5% of your purchase will be donated to TES.
- Harris Teeter VIC: Link your VIC loyalty card to the school. Use zip code 27278, and the school code 2710. Cards must be relinked every year!
- Weaver Street Market: Purchase a rechargeable School Scrip Card and request to link it to school #251. Use this Scrip/Gift Card each time you shop at any Weaver Street Market and the school gets 5% of your purchase.
- Food Lion: Link your MVP card at http://www.foodlion.com.
- Target RedCard: Open a Target REDcard (debit or credit card) at Target and earn 5% rebates for yourself on all purchases, and an additional 1% rebate for each transaction for TES. Link your card at www.target.com/redcard by selecting Learn More under Take Charge of Education. Select TES by location or by school ID. Remember to tell your family members and friends to link their cards to TES also!
- Shoparoo: Download the Shoparoo app for your smart phone at Shoparoo.com, create an account, choose The Expedition School, and submit photo of receipts to earn donations for the school.
- Schoola: Donate clothes to Schoola.com and 40% of proceeds from each sale goes to the school.
- Box Tops for Education: No more clipping. No more sending Box Tops to school. All you need is your phone! Download the ALL-NEW Box Tops app, shop as you normally would, then simply scan your store receipts to find participating products. The app will automatically credit your school’s Box Tops earnings online. Twice a year, the school will receive a check!
- TerraCycle: The Expedition School is partnering with TerraCycle, an innovative recycling company that accepts hard-to-recycle waste in exchange for points redeemable for cash donations by the school. Check out this list of recyclables that can currently be dropped of at TES.