Ways to Give
"We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give." ~Winston Churchill
It’s no surprise that public schools throughout our state and nation are underfunded, and despite the exemplary financial management of The Expedition School, we still have many needs, hopes and dreams for our students and school. From contributing to our Capital Campaign as we work to find and fund a permanent space, to helping us provide special treats to our dedicated staff and students. Contributing financially to The Expedition School is an investment in the education of our K-8 students, in an innovative approach to education, in the community at large, and in the future of our state. Remember that all donations to The Expedition School are tax deductible!
WAYS TO GIVE:
General or Designated Donation
Specific Fundraiser (Notate which fundraiser you are contributing to when making payment - click button below)
Checks can be made out to The Expedition School and mailed to The Expedition School, ℅ Kendall Cook, 437 Dimmocks Mill Rd., Ste. 33, Hillsborough, NC 27278. You can either donate to the general school fund, or specify which area of need you would like your funds to be allocated to. If you would like to make a donation in honor of someone, contact Kendall Cook at kendallcook@
Donations can also be made online by clicking the "DONATE" link below. (Please note that PayPal will take 2.90% of your donation in fees.)
Many employers sponsor matching gift programs and will match charitable contributions made by their employees to the school. Please check with your Human Resources department to find out if your company has a matching gift policy. (Many companies also match gifts made by retirees.) Please initiative a matching gift claim following your company’s procedures to maximize your generous donation and impact on The Expedition School!
Here is a sample of some of the companies that offer matching gifts. If your employer isn’t listed, that doesn’t mean they don’t have a matching policy – please contact your HR department to inquire!
Stocks, bonds or any other securities can be transferred as gifts to The Expedition School. Giving the gift of stock not only has obvious benefits for our school and students, but it also has benefits for the giver. If the stock has appreciated in value, the holder can avoid paying capital gains tax. Additionally, if you donate appreciated stocks that you’ve held for more than a year you can usually take a tax deduction for the full fair market value of the stocks, up to 50% of your adjusted gross income for that year. Contact Kendall Cook at [email protected] for more information.
From Your Cart to Our Classrooms
There are numerous programs that will allow you to earn money for The Expedition School every time you shop! Even if the amount or percentage seems small to you, the final amount adds up to thousands of dollars when everyone participates! Many of these programs start over each year, so make sure you not only designate The Expedition School as your “school of choice,” but make sure you do so at the start of each school year. Ask relatives and friends to link up, too!
- Harris Teeter VIC: Link your VIC loyalty card to the school. Use zip code 27278, and the school code 2710. Cards must be relinked every year!
MINTED: Our program now operates year-round so your code FUNDRAISEEXPEDITION is currently active and will provide you and your members with 20% off all Minted items, excluding fine art prints and marketplace items. We'll track each order placed using your code and 15% of the net sales from each purchase will be donated back to TES at the end of the year.
- Weaver Street Market: Purchase a rechargeable School Scrip Card and request to link it to school #251. Use this Scrip/Gift Card each time you shop at any Weaver Street Market and the school gets 5% of your purchase.
- Food Lion: Link your MVP card at http://www.foodlion.com.
- Box Tops for Education: No more clipping. No more sending Box Tops to school. All you need is your phone! Download the ALL-NEW Box Tops app, shop as you normally would, then simply scan your store receipts to find participating products. The app will automatically credit your school’s Box Tops earnings online. Twice a year, the school will receive a check!
- Mabel's Labels: Mabel’s Labels are personalized, durable, waterproof labels. They are great for everything from shoes, clothing tags, water bottles and backpacks. You can customize them with your name and a design, and they are dishwasher, laundry and microwave safe. To support our fundraiser, visit campaigns.mabelslabels.com and select THE EXPEDITION SCHOOL. You can pick out whatever labels or products you want, and it will ship for free directly to your house!
- Copperline Farm and Goods: Hello, from the Laskey family!
My family has recently started a small farm here in Hillsborough called Copperline Farm and Goods. We Raise and process broiler chickens on our land, which we then sell here in the community.We've been so fortunate with such a tremendous amount of support, so we wanted to find a way to give back. Needless to say, our wonderful TES community came to mind. Our family has been at the school since the doors opened and you may have even seen me working in the office over the last few years. If you order between now and December 8th, 20% from each sale will go into a fund to help TES underserved families attend field trips.We have a variety of different sized whole chickens and boneless chicken breasts (frozen and ready to cook). Orders and preferences will be honored based upon a first come, first serve basis as our current inventory is limited. Melanie will reach out to you directly with your final order information.Whole chickens: $5.99/lbBoneless chicken breasts: $12/lbPayment options: Cash, Check , or Venmo.Pick up will be on December 11th at Gold Park from 7:30-8:30am and 3-4pm**For any questions of for direct ordering, please call or text Melanie Laskey @ 919-884-9913