Wednesday Enrichment Clubs
TES has a strong commitment to its Education Plan. In order to build in the time needed to support this plan, each Wednesday is reserved for professional development and planning for TES staff. School will end for students 2 hours early at 1:15pm.
On early release days, TES coordinates clubs in order to offer enrichment opportunities for families on early release Wednesdays. Clubs are offered by local businesses, parents, or at times TES teacher assistant staff. Clubs range in price. Club attendance is optional for TES families.
Options for Families on Early Release Wednesdays:
- Families may choose to pick up their child(ren) at 1:15pm to go home.
- The TES after school program will offer care for families on this day. (The after school care will have a fee. See after school page)
- Sign up for an Enrichment Club.
How Clubs Work:
*(reference the Club Sign Up Schedule below for club timelines)
- TES solicits club proposals from the local community and TES community. Club proposals come from local businesses/organizations, parents of TES students and sometimes teacher assistant staff at TES. Club leaders design the club theme and set club fees.
- TES reviews/approves club proposals and coordinates the club sign up and logistics on club days (dismissal, club changes, club catalog, space use, conducts background checks on club leaders etc)
- TES posts a “Club Catalog” each quarter. The catalog will provide a description of the clubs.
- **TES uses Org Online for parents to sign their student(s) up for clubs.
- Parents must sign up for clubs during the window the sign up is open.
- TES then provides club leaders their club sign ups once the sign up window has closed.
- Club leaders will then contact the parents of their club participants. Leaders will provide general info about the club and will also provide directions as to how to pay for their club. The school DOES NOT collect, set or coordinate club payments. Club leaders coordinate this with parents.
- TES coordinates getting the students to their clubs per their sign up on the club days.
Club Registration Website Sign-Up:
**TES uses a service for club sign ups. CLICK HERE to register for our Online SignUp System “Orgs Online” if you have not done so already. You must be registered before signing up.
*All students must be signed up during the sign-up window listed in the chart below. No late sign ups will be permitted.
Club Sign-Up and Directions:
CLICK HERE to preview directions on how to sign up once the signup is live. The sign up is live during the sign-up windows for each quarter as listed below in the chart.
Club Dates 2017-18
Dates and Times:
Quarter 1: (8 sessions) August 9, 16, 23, 30 and September 6, 13, 20, 27
Quarter 2: (6 sessions) November 1, 8, 15, 29 and December 6, 13
Quarter 3: (10 sessions) January 10, 17, 24, 31 February 7, 14, 21, 28 March 7, 14
Quarter 4: (6 sessions) April 18, 25 and May 2, 9, 16, 23
Session 1 runs: 1:15-2:15
Session 2 runs: 2:15-3:15
Some clubs run both sessions: 1:15-3:15
Club Schedule at a Glance for 2017-18 (Parents and Club Leaders)
|Quarter 1||Quarter 2||Quarter 3||Quarter 4|
|Club Proposals Due from Club Leaders||July 17||September 11||December 1||March 9|
|Club Catalog and Sign Up Posted on Website for Parents to sign up TES student(s)||July 24-28||September 25-29||December 11-15||March 19-23|
|Sign Up Form Due Date (no late submissions)||July 28||September 29||December 15||March 23|
|Date of First Club||August 9||November 1||January 10||April 18|
If you are interested in offering a club, please review the items below. Club ideas/themes run the gamut from sports, arts, culture, engineering and more!
CLUB CONTRACT AGREEMENT DOCUMENT– READ THIS TO LEARN ABOUT CLUB POLICIES AND PROCEDURES.