Site Map–learn where to park/enter/exit/drop-off/pick-up
THIS CARPOOL WORLD LINK Get connected with a carpool!
Policy Quick Links
- Homeless liaison name : Jessica Roney
- Homeless liaison contact information: email@example.com 919-245-8432 ext 304
- State Coordinator’s name and phone number: Lisa Phillips – firstname.lastname@example.org
- NCHEP website (https://hepnc.uncg.edu/)
- TES McKinney Vento Policy and dispute resolution process form
- Definition of “homeless” from McKinney-Vento Act and who qualifies:
Who is considered homeless?
Under the McKinney-Vento Act, the term “homeless children and youths” means individuals who lack a fixed, regular, and adequate nighttime residence and includes children and youths:
- who are sharing the housing of others due to loss of housing, economic hardship, or a similar reason;
- are living in motels, hotels, trailer parks, or camping grounds due to the lack of alternative adequate accommodations;
- are living in emergency or transitional shelters;
- or are abandoned in hospitals;
- who have a primary nighttime residence that is a public or private place not designed for or ordinarily used as a regular sleeping accommodation for human beings;
- who are living in cars, parks, public spaces, abandoned buildings, substandard housing, bus or train stations, or similar settings;
- and who are migratory children who live in one of the above circumstances.